“Nature is not a place to visit…it is HOME” – Gary Snyder
At Madoqua Safaris we resemble the true Namibian Tradition – we live, eat, and sleep in abundance! We believe that hospitality is what brings people together. Hunting in Namibia also needs accommodation in Namibia!
Madoqua Safaris welcomes you around our family table and urge you to enjoy the riches that Namibia has to offer. Home-cooked meals and ice-cold beverages in the companionship of friends, is what life is all about! We find delight in cooking what our hunter has provided for us.
We have an early morning breakfast; where after the hunters go out into the field to enjoy their day in the bush. After lunch and a quick rest, the hunters go out again for the last hunt of the day. When we return to camp, hunters are welcome to clean up and join the family for a drink at the bar.
The entertainment area is equipped with a swimming pool, relaxation area, fire-pit and bar, for the true “Hunting in Namibia” experience.
In the evening, after the day’s hunt, we gather around the campfire to exchange daylight wonders for nighttime’s marvels. We enjoy dinner at around 20h00, after which we are free to continue chatting around the campfire or tune in to nature at your own suite.
Our hunting camp is situated on top of small granite tops overlooking the farm’s valleys and wildlife.
Embedded in nature’s wonders, we offer luxury tented accommodation, with en-suite bathrooms and private verandas. The showers are equipped with hot and cold water, and the rooms have 24 hour solar powered electricity. Crisp linen and breathtaking views await you in your suite. This is where the sun will awaken you by warming your toes and welcoming you with another splendid morning.
Namibia is one of the sunniest countries in the world, with an average of 300 days of sunshine. Namibia has different climatic regions, ensuring for large differences in temperatures and precipitation.
At Madoqua Safaris it is safe to say that you will be able to enjoy your hunt with moderate daytime temperatures at a max of 20 – 30 degrees Celsius (68 – 86 F) and very little rain. During Winter, night time temperatures can drop to a minimum of 0 degrees Celsius (32 F) or less. Be sure to pack a jacket for the early morning hunt.
The rainy season is normally from December to the end of February, where after Namibia will turn lush green.
When is the best time to visit Namibia? We will rely on a quote from infoNamibia: Climate and Weather Namibia, for the answer:
“Every single month is worth a journey to Namibia” (2019).
Nice to know…
- Laundry is done daily – no need to pack too many clothes.
- Transfer services to and from Hosea Kutako International Airport in Windhoek, are arranged directly with Madoqua Safaris. Please make sure to e-mail us a copy of your flight itinerary in order for us to know when to pick you up at the airport.
Things to Do and See around Madoqua Safaris: More than just “Hunting in Namibia“.
Madoqua Safaris finds delight in sharing Namibia with you. We went along and listed Namibia’s best kept secrets. We are able to create almost any excursion, depending on the amount of time you have in Namibia. Please feel free to visit the sites allocated to each destination and decide on what you would like to see. We would love to make your dreams come true with a tailor-made excursion.
- The Etosha National Park are ideally located nearby, for a quick or long visit.
- The Skeleton Coast National Park – the world’s largest ship cemetery, offers a 3-5 day tour, ideal for sight seeing or saltwater fishing.
- The small, German inspired, coastal town of Swakopmund, offers relaxation and ways to explore the Sand See. Here you will be able to do excursions: deep sea fishing, dessert adventures, Pelican Point by boat cruise or the Namib Desert by quad bike. Explore Swakopmund for 3-5 days.
- Best known attraction of Namibia: Sossusvlei and Sesriem will keep you busy for 3-5 days
- Kaokoland, Himba Tribes and Eupopa Falls serves for a wonderful 5 -8 day experience.
- The lush Caprivi/Zambezi region of Namibia is a marvelous way to end your safari in Namibia, with sightseeing or freshwater fishing and boat cruises on the big Okavango River.
- Cheetah Conservation – half day excursion
- Himba Tribes – full day excursion